State Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development (SIPARD) is a composite training institute for public administration and rural development in Tripura. The Institute has come into existence in the year 1993 and since then it has been organising training programmes for State government officials, representatives of PRIs, members of NGOs etc. working in the State. SIPARD
The institute is located Arundhuti Nagar in Agartala, which is about 5 Kms. away from the main town and is about 15 Kms. away from Agartala Airport. Adjacent to this institute there are three main training institutes namely:
- Panchayati Raj Training Institute
- Regional Survey Training Institute
- Cooperative Training Institute
SIPARD is an autonomous training institute registered under the Registration of Societies Act, 1860 and it enjoys financial and functional autonomy. Main activity of the institute relates to training of State Government officials, PRI representatives, NGOs etc. in the relevant areas of their activity, comprising public administration, accounts and finance, office procedure, legal & judicial matters, RTI Act along with training on computer and other educational and research activities, including evolution studies and publication of newsletter, books, compendium etc on various subjects. Since its inception the institute is in the process of evolution and is trying to adopt itself to the socio-economic and technological changes taking place in the society and accordingly train the public servants.
The vision of SIPARD is to bring excellence in training programmes for the benefit of the state. For this purpose, it has been endeavoring to fulfill the following objectives ::
- To cater to the training needs of all departments of the state
- To evolve as the centre of excellence in training and research related to tribal and rural development in the North Eastern Region
- To become a nodal agency of networking with other similar organisation both within and outside the State, Government departments, NGOs, PRIs etc.
- To develop quality and efficiency in government organisations by updating the training programmes and constantly maintaining them .
- Research and evaluation of government schemes in rural and tribal development
- To provide computer education to theall State government employees.